Thursday, May 22, 2008

RIP Maria Chapman

I grew up a HUGE fan of Christian music. I was ape for the stuff. I'm still terribly fond of it though my feelings towards my faith have changed quite a bit. All of that put aside, I was very sad to find out today that Steven Curtis Chapman youngest daughter, Maria (age 5) was killed yesterday. It's all made worse by the fact that it was the oldest son who accidentally hit her in their driveway.

The thing that comforts me is knowing that SCC's faith is strong, his belief in family in strong, and that the community in Franklin will get them through this horrible tragedy. He wrote a song years ago called "With Hope" for close family friends that lost a child. I am so sad that he has to now live in it.

So Steven, blessings and peace to your family. Thank you for all the ways you have blessed my life. From your first album you touched me with your lyrics. I loved every time I saw you live and I loved working with you and realizing you meant what you sang, that was so refreshing. May god bless you with every comfort in this time of hurt, may Will find peace in this.

I am so sorry for your loss.

No comments: